History of Precision Hose & Expansion Joints
The Wright Family has been in the metal hose and expansion joint business since 1956, or 62 years, and is one of the oldest family-owned businesses manufacturing metal hose and metal expansion joints.
- The family formed flexible metal hose company in 1956 and operated it through 2000 until it was sold to Dormont Manufacturing in 2000.
- In 1991 Precision Hose was formed to manufacture stripwound hose for the telephone cord industry, fiber optic and off-shore drilling industry.
- In 2005, once their non-compete with Dormont expired, Precision Hose & Expansion Joints started manufacturing metal hose and metal expansion joints.
Precision Hose & Expansion Joints is the only metal hose company in the U.S. that makes a full line of metal hose and expansion joints including:
- Corrugated Metal Hose and Wire Braid from 1/4″ through 8″
- Metal expansion joints from 3″ to 80″
- Fabric Expansion Joints
- Stripwound metal hose both round and octagonal from 1/8″ to 10″ I.D.
- Stay put metal hose for microphones and coolant applications
- Complete metal hose fabrication shop with 16 ASME Section IX Welders
- Complete Line of weld fittings that are made in house on 5 CNC lathes and 1 CNC Mill
- Small metal Bellows from 1/4″ to 1″ for instrumentation industry
- Extruding of PVC and Santoprene over metal hose from 1/8″ diameter to 1″ diameter.
- Specialty wire and cable for the nuclear industry